Happy Republic Day to all my fellow Bharatiyas! Today, on this 75th Republic Day of Bharat, as the tricolor flutters against the blue sky, the country is on the verge of ushering in a new era marked by ‘Viksit Bharat’, a call to action for an empowered and developed Bharat. ‘Viksit’ literally translated to development and India is in the race to be a developed country by the year 2047- a timeline which is considered Amrit Kaal by our honorable PM Shri Narendra Modi.
This day is not just about remembering the past; it’s a celebration of our unity, the sacrifices of our valiant freedom fighters, and our journey towards becoming the world’s fourth-largest economy. Bharat’s journey since independence has been marked by remarkable dynamism such as:
- Honoring Our Heroes: Today, we bow in gratitude to those who fought for our independence. Their bravery and sacrifices have shaped a democratic Bharat, where every citizen’s voice is heard, and every dream has the potential to soar. Their enduring spirit and vision for a free Bharat keep inspiring us as we step into an era of growth and prosperity.
- A Mosaic of Cultures: Bharat stands as a unique blend of diverse cultures, languages, and beliefs. This Republic Day, we celebrate this diversity, which is the core of our strength and identity. It is this rich cultural fabric that makes Bharat exceptional. As Bharat marches forward on the path of development, we continue to uphold and celebrate this diversity that binds us.
- Economic Leap: From a shaky economy, Bharat has soared to become the world’s 5th largest, with a GDP projected to touch $5 trillion by 2025. This rapid growth translates to rising living standards, with per capita income expected to double by 2030.
- Digital Transformation: Bharat’s digital transformation is booming. With more than 50% of the population already connected to the internet, helping everyone, especially the youth, get involved in the digital world. This “Digital India” push is making life easier for people and sparking new entrepreneurship ideas.
- Infrastructure Triumph: The country’s landscape is being traversed by a network of national roadways, airports, and ports. The ambitious Sagarmala and Bharatmala Pariyojana projects aim to open new economic corridors and transform connectivity.
- Educational Upsurge: A strong education system has contributed to the rise in literacy rates to over 78%. Prominent Indian universities, such as IITs and IISc, produce highly qualified workers who drive scientific progress.
- Commitment to a Sustainable Future: In homage to our freedom fighters, we pledge to pursue energy independence. Embracing renewable energy, like solar and wind power, is not just a strategic choice but a moral obligation. As Bharat grows, we aim to be pioneers in green technology, proving that economic development and environmental responsibility can coexist harmoniously.
Viksit Bharat – A Vision for Sustainable Development
But the real development of India also depends on energy availability, and it will definitely bridge the gap from “developing” to “developed” as the country’s economic leap is intertwined with its green ambition. Already the world’s fourth largest producer of renewable energy, India has set ambitious targets for the future. By 2030, the nation aims for 50% of its electricity to come from non-fossil fuels, a five-fold increase from its current share. This shift is reflected in the staggering growth of solar and wind power. Solar capacity has exploded from a humble 2.6 GW in 2014 to a colossal 72.3 GW in 2023, making India a global leader in the sector. Wind power, too, has witnessed a remarkable rise, boasting a current capacity of 44.5 GW.
But India’s renewable energy story goes beyond mere GWs. The government is actively spearheading innovative initiatives like the National Hydrogen Mission, aiming to make India a global hub for green hydrogen production. Renewables are attracting billions in investments, creating new jobs, and fostering a thriving ecosystem of entrepreneurs and innovators.
Today, let’s parade together towards a “Viksit Bharat” built on clean energy, where development and sustainability go hand in hand. Let the 75th Republic Day be the dawn of a new era, where every citizen aims towards “Viksit Bharat” – a developed, inclusive, and thriving India, marching toward a sustainable future