Key Accountabilities: –
- Must be an Electrical /Mechanical /Civil Engineer from a reputed College / University having at
least 8 Yrs. Of experience in the power industry, dealt in Hydro or Pumped hydro storage projects
etc. – there erection & commissioning working on preparation of BOM, exposure to material layout, etc.
- End to end procurement activities of the project for Pumped Hydro Storage Project.
- Selection of bidding process, preparation of vendor selection approach and vendor evaluation
criteria depending on the nature of the category.
- Directly involved Floating enquiries, inviting quotes from approved vendors for electrical/Mechanical/Civil
work for Pumped hydro storage projects.
- Identification of potential bidders who meet the requirements (using Company vendor database,
Supply market analysis, advertisement, or recommendations from other teams).
- Organizing and planning pre-bid meeting based on the queries and communication requirements
- Conducting reverse auction, fact-based negotiations with shortlisted bidders.
- Able to Review quotations, prepare comparatives (technical and commercial), negotiation, costing,
placing purchase orders / contracts and seek approvals.
- Able to develop close understanding with Major vendors.
- Prepare & finalize the Contract agreements with clear terms and conditions both for
domestic and export dealings.
- Working knowledge on expo terms / Inco terms, etc.
- Schedule inspection, compilation of QAP (Quality Assurance Plan), monitor production
with factory or for ordered items for timely execution.
- Maintaining good client relationships, including vendor evaluation.
- Maintain procurement activities and follow up on a day-to-day basis and timely delivery.
- Providing input into for claims, resolution, trouble shooting of field problem & resolve.
- Executing purchase orders and maintaining records and pricing in SAP.
- A result-oriented person with a pro-active problem-solving attitude.
- Team players know the right priorities and escalate if needed.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written, other languages are an added value.
- Technical sourcing skills.
- MS Excel/PowerPoint.